Last week, I wrote about how I was going to do a Resolution Revolution with my new “friends,” Grace, Fun, and Ease. 😁 And, as promised, I’m going to introduce you to them too!
It starts with our new website at www.mannaforlife.com – it’s not quite ready yet, but it’s coming soon. So stay tuned!
Many of you have commented on how much you love my website, but it was just too complex to navigate. So, because I want you to have access to all our goodies with grace, fun, and ease, I had it redesigned so it really is a happy place to nourish your happy mind, happy body, and happy spirit.
I wrote about making small changes that can make a huge difference, and we did just that – and I really hope you like it! It started with a simple conversation that lead to an exchange of ideas, that lead to my Godsend of a friend, @Cynthiamaselli_com blessing me with a new website (amayyy-zzzingggg!!!), and to meeting my new friends, Grace, Fun, and Ease!
And now, with Grace, Fun, and Ease as my inspiration, here are a few other small changes you can make to simplify your life and help create your happy place, too!
Happy Mind: Limit your screen time.
The average adult spends 11 hours in front of a screen every day, and typically checks his/her phone every 10 minutes! More and more studies come out each year measuring the adverse effects of screen time on our brains. You may not be able to avoid it at work, but at home and in your free time, you have the power to make small adjustments.
- Try not to look at your phone or any other device (laptop, iPad, or TV) at the same time.
- Instead of texting your friends, call them! Your brain processes information differently when you are engaged in actual conversation. Plus, it gives your eyes a break.
- Turn off all screens an hour before bedtime and do an unwind routine like stretching, drinking tea, reading a book, listening to music, or taking a warm bath or shower.
Happy Body: Be intentional with sleep.
Did you know that the amount of sleep you get each night is directly related to your metabolism? When you get adequate sleep (that’s 7-9 hours), your body can regenerate cells, sort and store memory, regulate hormones and appetite – and yes, balance your metabolic system (to name a few)!
- Try going to bed 15-30 minutes earlier, if you need to catch more Zs.
- Prep your day the night before so you can sleep in a little more.
- Don’t drink an alcoholic beverage right before you go to bed.
- And again, NO screen time before bed so your mind can decompress.
Happy Spirit: Do what you love.
This one is super simple: do something you love every day 😍
We often get so bogged down with the striving, the chores, and the daily to-do lists – we even feel guilty about enjoying life. But if the “to-do” lists don’t help you enjoy your life, why have them?! Yes, we must be responsible, but we also need to take time to do what we really, really, really love to do!! This is sooo important for your spirit, dear friends! Here are some of my favorites:
- Take a walk with a friend (and/or a fur baby!)
- Play the piano or the drums (or any musical instrument, including singing!)
- Indulge in a bite of dark chocolate
- Play tennis, or go for a run (or some kind of physical activity you enjoy)
- Read a great book
- Watch a funny movie and belly laugh. This is SOOOOO good for you!
These are some of the things I do, but what comes to mind for you? What do you love to do? Do you need to take a little time to enjoy a hobby that you keep putting off? Well, there’s no time like the present!
Maybe your happy place will start with a simple conversation, too, just like it did for me! Whatever it is, let this year be the year that you keep saying “yes” to the things that you love. You see, as you say “yes” to things you love, you’ll automatically be saying “no” to the things that no longer build you (or are healthful) for your happy mind, body, and spirit.
What ideas come to mind for you?
Your cheerleader, fan, and friend! 😊
In joyful, loving service,
This post, Resolution Revolution Part Two – Health Check: Body, Mind, and Spirit, first appeared on MannaForLife.com